[ale] AT&T Broadband blocking inbound http?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Aug 9 10:06:32 EDT 2001

SAngell at nan.net wrote:

> I wonder at what point we will begin to hear talk of liabilities being imposed
> on those individuals who refuse to perform maintenance on the machines that are
> still left un-patched.

I think it should be handled like a recall.  The CREATOR of the
DEFECTIVE product should be responsible for correcting the problem as
well as liable for damages, prior to the recall.

If the brakes on my car fail and I have a wreck because of a defective
design, the automobile manufacturer would be found at fault.  Look at
the recent Ford/Firestone fiasco.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein