[ale] cdrw help

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Aug 7 06:08:53 EDT 2001

Stephen Turner wrote:

> and im gonna have to do all this just so i can write
> one cd so i can overwrite my newly made kernel......
> this sux :P red hat needs to make it support hdd cds
> automatically :P ... such trouble so i can replace
> redhat with mandrake...... i dunno if mandrake is even
> worth it yet!

The learning experience will be valuable.  Also, I'm running Mandrake 8
and I've been very pleased with it.  This is the first time I've ever
run a kernel from an install.  I've always had to rebuild in order to
get all my hardware working.  Mandrake 8 set up all the following
properly:  cdrom, cdrw, bttv capture card, printer, usb scanner,
parallel zip drive, external usr modem, monitor, scrolling mouse.  Of
course I had to tell it the right answers in some cases (3 button
scrolling mouse).

Believe me you'll be better for the effort.  You'll have a better
understanding of how things work and it will help you in the future.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein