[ale] Web Hosting Experience Wanted

John Mills john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 6 10:18:46 EDT 2001

ALErs -

I'm looking for a reliable, moderately priced web hosting service for an orginaization's web page. We currently have 'borrowed' space which is on-again, off-again -- currently 'off'.

Suggestions and 'reality-check' experiences are very welcome. It would be nice to have an Atlanta source, I suppose, but that's not a requirement - responsiveness is much more important.

Here are the parameters I got:

"I am borrowing part of a server for '***.org',
which is why the quality isn't great.

"Once we start accepting credit cards, the website goes
from a "nice to have" to a "need to have" and we
should get it hosted professionally.

"The only thing we need is hosting space plus some
scripts (in perl).  We use the perl scripts to process
forms and email the results.  I think just about every
hosting company provides this level.

"It would be great to find out what a good hosting
company would be & get setup there.  Would you take a
look and sign us up in a new location?

"I'm thinking around $20/month should get us the
basics, but the real question is quality of service
and responsive customer service."

TIA.

Regards,
 John Mills