[ale] ximian and mono

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 16:33:43 EDT 2001

My thoughts exactly.

Why encourage Microsoft (and those disillusioned
users) by playing their game?  Frankly, it casts an
unflattering light on the open source community...if
we have such lofty ideals, such better ways of doing
things, then why the hell are we jumping aboard the
Microcrap train?

It's really just bowing to Microsoft's corporate
muscle.  "ok, we can't beat you".

Far better to wait in the wings while .NET and the
whole Passport system goes down in flames.  It will
eventually, if their past security success is any
indicator.

My bet is Icaza is not as in control as you might
think.

John