[ale] Pine and new mail notification

Jason MisterRain at intemperance.net
Fri Apr 27 09:30:24 EDT 2001

When my mailbox is empty and I receive new mail it doesn't show up in my
Pine inbox until I exit and restart Pine.  When I exit, I get "Kept single
message" even though it's been showing an empty inbox.  When I run Pine
again it's there.  I was having the problem with Pine 4.10; upgraded to
4.33 yesterday and it's still doing it.

Anyone seen this?  Has anyone got any idea whether this is fixable?