[ale] Bellsouth && their USB modems...

Trey Darley tdarley at net-hopper.com
Wed Apr 25 09:32:45 EDT 2001

I have read the information at
<http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/sdf/h/b/hburgiss/dsl/survival/linux.htm>.
It discusses some patches to the 2.4 kernel to support these accursed
devices. I'm sure there's somebody amongst this crowd who's been there
and done that. My question is, is it worth my time to mess with the usb
device or ought I to just go ahead, get an alcatel off of ebay, and save
myself the headaches? Thanks for your attention.

(I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I've only just subscribed
to this list. I'd listen for someone else to ask this sort of question,
but then I am impatient to get going, if you know what I mean.)
--Trey
++--------------------------------------------------------------------++
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time.
Trey Darley
Unix Systems Administrator
Net-HOPPER Division