[ale] prompt

ChrisColeman at mail.clayton.edu ChrisColeman at mail.clayton.edu
Fri Apr 20 18:07:19 EDT 2001

 In a bash shell:

	PS1='[ \u@\h  \t ]$ '

Should add the time to your prompt

Chris Coleman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff T
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: 4/20/01 5:19 PM
Subject: [ale] prompt

Got a quesstion that is proably trivial but I can't think of a way
to do get it quite right.

I need to set my shell prompt to show minutes and seconds.  It doesn't
need to be a running time but it does need to update when the prompt
is rewritten.  I have the minutes and seconds in the prompt currently
but it doesn't change.  I know I can write aliases for commands to
the "setprompt" but then I would have to aliases all commands.

Is there a way to accomplish this?  alias the return key or something?

Thanks,
Jeff