[ale] A little gripe

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Thu Apr 19 17:09:09 EDT 2001

When I first got into PC's, during DOS days, I was getting bored.  I almost
quit because I thought I knew everything there was to know about computers.  My
world consisted of only Macs, PC's, Tandy 1000s and Trash-80s.  DOS  bored
me after I had master QuickBasic and BBS communications.  My neighbor, who got
me interested in the first place, told me I was just scratching the surface and
I should continue. So I did.  I really knew I knew little when I found UNIX.
But,  If UNIX was to leave computing,  I may have to switch careers myself.
I will not bow down to Windows.