[ale] IRC Server

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Thu Apr 19 13:29:42 EDT 2001

<SPAN
class=895192017-19042001>Speaking oif IRC,  Are there any *goof* telnet and
serial BBS applications I can run.  Can I still use
Fidonet?
<SPAN
class=895192017-19042001>
<SPAN
class=895192017-19042001>Chris
<SPAN
class=895192017-19042001>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: I. Herman
  [mailto:izzmo at mediaone.net]Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 9:03
  AMTo: ale at ale.orgCc:
  solaris-admin at yahoogroups.comSubject: [ale] IRC
  Server
  Greetings all.  I have kind of a different
  question for you all.
  I am running Linux on one box and will be running Solaris8 (x86) on
  another.  Between the two, I am hoping to create an IRC server for a
  small net.

  1 - What's the process for getting the perms and such for one?
  2 - Is there a good HOW-TO page on how to setup that on either Linux or
  Solaris?
  3 - Has anyone out there had that experience that they can help me?

  TIA.
  Izzie