[ale] Net interface reconfiguring Q: turning DHCP on and off

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Apr 16 10:56:14 EDT 2001

1 setup to use DHCP and copy /etc/sysconfig/network to
/etc/sysconfig/network.dhcp
2 Setup to use static and copy /etc/sysconfig/network to
/etc/sysconfig/network.static
3 edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/network to prompt user for 'static' or 'dhcp' on
network start and then symlink /etc/sysconfig/network to the correct
/etc/sysconfig/network.{dhcp|static} file.