[ale] OT: gcc-win

Michael Golden naugrim at juno.com
Sat Apr 14 23:01:25 EDT 2001

Although I know we've been getting a lot of off-topic posts lately I'm not
sure where else to ask this question. I do not have a windows development
computer, so any playing I want to do and run on windows I compile with
gcc-win on linux which uses the cygwin libraries. I have a program that I
want to run "invisibly" on windows so that it just modifies a files without
any output to the screen, but when compiled with gcc-win it brings up a dos
window while it is running. Anyone know if there is any type of flag on
gcc-win to get rid of that or if I have to find a windows compiler to do it
with?

Michael Golden