[ale] OT: indirect glimpse into MS-land

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 14 13:31:10 EDT 2001

At the risk of being flamed to a cinder for an off-topic post, I
though y'all might be interested in this page:

<http://www.elfsoft.com/ns/demos.htm>

ELF is one of a very small number of firms that build natural-language
(eg English) front-ends for relational databases. The page compares
their software to MicroSoft's "English Query" add-on to SQL Server. I
think it's quite a hoot.

-- Joe

-- Joe Knapka
"If I ever get reincarnated... let me make certain I don't come back
 as a paperclip." -- protagonist, H Murakami's "Hard-boiled Wonderland"
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
* Evolution is an "unproven theory" in the same sense that gravity is. *