[ale] Kernel 2.4.x and FTP

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Fri Apr 13 14:41:00 EDT 2001

Wasn't something implemented in 2.4 that will only allow you to go to web
sites or  ftp sites if the site supported a certain protocol.  I remember
someone mentioning that this option needed to be turned off when you compile
your 2.4 kernel or you couldn't surf to certain sites.

Anyone remember this thread of conversation about 2.4?

I think this could solve your problem.....