[ale] Distributed File Systems

Davis, Ricardo C. RCDavis at intermedia.com
Wed Apr 11 11:05:07 EDT 2001

Back in the early 90's I used AFS at a Department of Energy site; the
distributed filesystem was used by AIX, IRIX, and HP-UX
workstations/departmental servers as well as a Cray supercomputer on site.
It's probably what you need, Jeff.

My opinion is that back then distributed file systems were way ahead of
their time for the commercial market.  It was a solution that had very
little commercial market to sell to.  But time will tell whether or not the
concept will make it into the private sector data center.

-Ricardo