[ale] Coaster Production in Progress

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Sat Sep 30 00:54:48 EDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 05:18:12PM -0400, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> I tried that as well, along with the -dummy flag to stop wasting discs - it
> didn't make any difference; a few tens of meg in, cdrecord bombed out.
>
> At the moment, I am contemplating the posibility that I have a CD-RW drive
> that just should not be used under Linux.  I am going to look into the
> possibility of a firmware upgrade before I commit to replacement.

<nod>  Look at the CD Recorder FAQ; they have a lot to say about different
CDR drives and their various qualities (or lack thereof)

I had a JVC XR-2010 that was among the worst ever made; it even had
probelms reading CDs.  four out of five CDs ended in coasters, with teh
drive failing only ~20 megs into the burn.

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                        pizza at cc.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(404)294-6978
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...