[ale] access to dialup from mindspring

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Fri Sep 29 15:38:24 EDT 2000

I have been playing with having my REDHAT 6.1 wake up as a cron and dial up
to mindspring for an hour.  I can get to my apache server from the internet
with an http URL composed of the dynamic IP address.  I can not ping the IP
address or telnet to it.  My hosts.allow is wide open (for  these tests).  I
am wondering if I have a default ipchains thing going on here (I will have
to finish the article in Linux Journal) OR the culprit is mindspring.
Anyone have any experience along these lines?

John