[ale] Lan setup

roy at prntix.com roy at prntix.com
Thu Sep 28 14:41:08 EDT 2000

I'm a newbie trying to set up a server using Linux Corel
release 2. So far all is going fairly well with an exception. I have IP masq.
working and can access cable modem from PC's on Lan.

Linux server shows up on network but when I try and access
from a PC, the password will not allow me in.

The password box is

Resource:  <A
href="file://\\xxxxxxx\IPC$">\\xxxxxxx\IPC$

Password:  _____________

the password does not work.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've been over and
over with the online help and I must be overlooking something or just doing it
wrong.

thanks

Roy