[ale] OT: Looking for good theme for network names

J.D. Forinash foxtrot at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:54:08 EDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 11:22:24AM -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
> username. smith, jones, johnston...

Er. I hate the "username" naming scheme. Then when the user gets replaced,
you have to change the name of the box. When the user gets his machine
upgraded, you have to change the name of the box... Ug.

My naming scheme is mostly "things from old adventure games"-- grue,
y2, clockworkcanary, tarmin, plugh, xyzzy, snark, zorkmid, wumpus...

I want to use a "circular debugger" naming scheme somewhere. Name the
server "crust", and the machines stuff like pepperoni, onion, olive. I've
also got a list of 70 peppers (well, 69 if you don't count "doctor")
somewhere that's just waiting for a multiprocessor heat-generator cluster.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                           ,-.
Georgia Tech College of Computing CNS  ( <