[ale] OT: Looking for good theme for network names

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Thu Sep 28 11:35:33 EDT 2000

Heh... This is always interesting to me...

Home:  Greek Major/Minor Gods/Goddesses
Work:  Cities, depending on function - Vegas, Sydney, Seattle, Tacoma, etc etc

Personally I prefer the Gods/Goddesses route, but I've also done: Famous
Literary Characters, Planets, and Stars.

Cheers!
Jay

At 09:52 AM 9/28/2000 -0400, Chuck Mattern wrote:
>This is just a little off topic here because I'm looking for a good naming
>scheme for a network comprised largely of Linux machines.  I'm hoping to find
>something out of literature but not too heavy (I remember the story of the
>four laser printers of the apocalypse).  Currently I have a hodge-podge
>and am
>in the process of a major clean up so it seems an apt time to re-address and
>rename the machines.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
>Regards,
>Chuck
>
>--
>body.

-----
Jay Finch                       : "All that we see or seem is but a dream
(770) 650-0410 (voice)          :  within a dream . . ."
horus at larp.com          :               -- Edgar Allen Poe
horus at spamcop.net               :
MTBI Survey says: ENFJ  : "Absinthe makes the mind go yonder..."
    Check out my home page at: http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/

To Decode:  http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/