[ale] Toshiba 2105CDS and linux

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Wed Sep 27 07:35:03 EDT 2000

"Gary S. Mackay" wrote:

> Well, I've tried SuSe, Redhat 7, Slackware 7.1, Caldera 2.4, and TurboLinux 6
> on my laptop and can not get it right. The bigest problems are the display and
> the Xircom RE100BTX PCMCIA network adapter. I've been to linuxlaptops web site
> but most of that is old. Has anyone had any success getting linux on one of
> these laptops?
>
>         I was hoping to use Caldera since it was the only distro to COMPLETELEY find
> and configure everything on my desktop machine, sound, video, modem, I mean
> everything. I was impressed. During the install on the laptop tho, the screen
> blanks out as it (I presume) is trying to go into some sort of gui mode to
> begin the install procedure.

I've got a Toshiba Tecra that's working well.  I think I've got a
different Xircom nic card, but it is working.  What's your video
chipset?

I tried to check out the PCMCIA info at sourceforge, but neither the
http link or the ftp link found in the howto provides any useful info.

Xircom support is a bit iffy though.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein