[ale] Toshiba 2105CDS and linux

Gary S. Mackay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Tue Sep 26 23:41:12 EDT 2000

Well, I've tried SuSe, Redhat 7, Slackware 7.1, Caldera 2.4, and TurboLinux 6
on my laptop and can not get it right. The bigest problems are the display and
the Xircom RE100BTX PCMCIA network adapter. I've been to linuxlaptops web site
but most of that is old. Has anyone had any success getting linux on one of
these laptops?

	I was hoping to use Caldera since it was the only distro to COMPLETELEY find
and configure everything on my desktop machine, sound, video, modem, I mean
everything. I was impressed. During the install on the laptop tho, the screen
blanks out as it (I presume) is trying to go into some sort of gui mode to
begin the install procedure.

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies