[ale] OT: Job Posting (ENTRY LEVEL)

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 26 21:25:42 EDT 2000

Greetings all.  The company I work for is looking to fill an ENTRY LEVEL
Unix support position.  Details as follows:

What We Do:
  Hardware and OS support for PC's running various incarnations of SCO
Unix. We troubleshoot problems with PC's, modems, muxes, CRTs, serial
concentrators, printers, cables, and whatever else our customers manage
to break.  The job is 100% phone support, no travel, Monday-Friday.
We're located in Norcross, off Peachtree Pkwy.  The company makes
practice management software for Orthodontists and Dentists, and is the
largest such company in that industry.

What We Need:
  Someone familiar with Unix at the command line. You'll need to be able
to move around the file system, do basic commands, and edit files with
vi.  The systems we support have no GUI, and no emacs. The ability to
think logically and pay attention to detail is critcal.  This is a great
job for someone with Linux or *BSD experience, but little or no real
world experience.  Don't worry about knowing all that hardware, if you
can walk in the door knowing how to use Unix then we can teach you the
hardware part.

What We Don't Need:
 People with a poor work ethic, or who can't play well with others. This
is a team enviroment, no superstars or lone rangers needed.  The ability
to work unsupervised is necessary, but you will be expected to ask for
help when it's needed.

 This job could be the start of a career, or your stepping stone to
bigger and better things.  The dress is casual, the people are mostly
friendly, and there's always punch and pie..

Now the fine print:
 I'm NOT the person doing the hiring.  I'm just passing along the info
for my boss, who will do the interviewing and make the hiring decisions.
If you're interested, email me *off list*, and I'll mail back with the
contact info of who you'll need to get in touch with.  She will get back
with you, not me.

 Thanks,
...alan