[ale] ram

Robert Hoffman rob at frankenlinux.com
Tue Sep 26 18:52:13 EDT 2000

Be very careful before you just add the full amount of ram to the apend line. In the three machines I've had this happen to me on, the machine would not come back up unless I specified a few meg less than I actually had. i.e. append="mem=124M" when you really have 128M of memory.

I discuss this here:

www.frankenlinux.com/guides/tweaks.html

Hope this helps,

-Rob Hoffman