[ale] scsi problems

Ray Knight - Clientlink rayk at clientlink.com
Tue Sep 26 10:35:34 EDT 2000

David Hamm wrote:
> Subject: [ale] scsi problems
>

> I have a system with an Adaptec SCSI controller on the
> motherboard and an AMI
> MegaRaid controller in one of the PCI slots.  When I boot the
> system the AMI
> controller showes up as SCSI0 and the Aadaptec showes up as
> SCSI1.  Can I make
> the Adaptec SCSI0 and the AMI SCSI1 since linux is on the Adaptec?

How is your kernel configured?  Are the SCSI drivers built into the kernel
or are you using modules?
You need to change the load order of the SCSI drivers.  This is easy if you
are using modules and initrd. You need to change your modules.conf file to
have the correct alias for SCSI0 and SCSI1 and rebuild the initrd.  If the
drivers are built into the kernel I don't know how to change the load order.

Ray Knight
audilvr at speakeasy.org