[ale] Error Message

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 25 20:11:03 EDT 2000

At 07:15 PM 9/25/00 -0400, you wrote:

>>>Afraid not.  Just logging in through a term program.
>
>  Term program meaning from another box, or from X?  The reason I asked
>is it looked like you commented out your console logins, leaving only
>ttyc7, Alt-F7, which is where X lives (on linux, anyway).  I guess a
>better question would be do you boot straight to X, or to a command
>line console screen?

Actually, I am telneting in remotely from another machine (I have
uncommented the lines, BTW.)

The location of the CPU makes it difficult to get a monitor to it - in fact
I have not connected a monitor or a keyboard to it in over a year.
Everything I load and recompile is from a remote terminal.  So far, all
works fine.

Regards - Bob Kruger