[ale] Ports for known hacks

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Sep 25 09:09:23 EDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, JEM wrote:

> I was searching for a list of ports used by known
> hacks that I could compare to some of the ports
> that I have seen connection attempts against.  I
> haven't been able to find anything except the
> standard services list.  Anyone know where a list
> of ports used by known trojans/hacks might be?
> Someone using an AOL IP address attempted to connect
> to port 1142 on my box and I can't find a reference
> to that anywhere.
>
> JEM

That's a tough one to chase...probably not worth your time. Most known
trojans can be configured to listen on any port. Even the most
inexperienced kiddies have figured this out by now. As far as a
reference...a google search should turn up several lists. Personally I use
the port search applet at http://www.ndrs.com

hope this helps...

--
Jonathan Rickman