[ale] Re: Apache Config

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Sun Sep 24 07:29:29 EDT 2000

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Brian J. Dowd wrote:

> Now on to the .css problem....
> 1) Reading it properly...
> Are you refreshing the page?

i've tried refreshing, dumping the cache and reloading, all browsers, all
platforms, nadda....still isnt' being used....but here is the thing...the
style sheet is basicly a couple of changes to one i used at work....it's
not a complex one that's for sure...i'm going to mirror the burntmedia.org
site to disk and take it to work with me tomorrow to see if i can get it
to work there......

> I've seen Netscape act like it was refreshing
> but fail to do so. It was reading the cached copy instead.

netscape really *really* annoys me these days...i havent' tried the 6 beta
yet but so far, every problem with design that i run into is getting
netscape to handle the 4.0 transitional specs with at least enough
"class" to not look like crap....

> 2) Permissions...
> I'd look at the perms again and try moving it into
> the very same directory in which the referencing page is
> placed.

i tried that and it doesn't use it there either...but either way (same dir
or another) if i go to the css validating site it will read the file and
validate it...

> Try putting another non-.css file
> (maybe another xxx.html) in the same dir
> as the .css file and see if it can be accessed ok.

i dropped an index.html file in and it shows up no sweat.....

so it really does have me puzzled...feel free to browse what little there
is up right now: www.burntmedia.org

if anyone finds something that it's right feel free to let me know...

-drew