[ale] nic card problems

Robert Hoffman rob at frankenlinux.com
Sun Sep 24 09:12:26 EDT 2000

Try "ifup eth0" to see if you get a helpful error message. If the card comes up, it probably isn't set to come up with the system. You can change that by putting ONBOOT="yes" in the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0. If you don't want to edit the file manually, you can always use netconf.

Hope this helps.

-Rob Hoffman