[ale] nic card problems

Joe Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 12:37:33 EDT 2000

When you say "eth0 is started on boot" do you mean that the
kernel detects the NIC, or that eth0 is actually configured
with an IP address by the network startup script?

Depending on whether ATT uses PPP-over-Ethernet or not, you
will either need to find out about PPPoE, or else use a DHCP
client to get an IP address. I've never had to use PPPoE,
so I don't know anything about how to get that going.
If you need DHCP, it's usually as simple as "dhcpcd eth0".

-- Joe