[ale] Re: Apache Config

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Sat Sep 23 06:03:01 EDT 2000

first off, let me say thank you to everyone who has offered me
help....it's good to know that help is available... :)

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Brian J. Dowd wrote:

> If the error page is being issued by apache
> and recognizing that burntmedia is the host
> then it's running ok
> and I would look at the perms in Linux.

it's deffinitely running.....and i'm 99% sure that it's a permission
issue...just trying to track down exactly which file or directory has the
permissions set "incorrectly"....on the brightside, if i can't get to it,
chances are no one else is going to hack it....well maybe, but whatever...

> Did you try putting an *new( index.html file
> in the directory root?

hmmmm...i just did it and it seems to be working fine again....this is
rather odd...any reason that just the index.html file was affected?...

so now i have one other question....i was going to post this one right
before i lost apache actually:

i'm trying to use a .css file for the site so that changing the whole
appearance becomes much easier....i know the style sheet is valid as well
as most of the html (there are a few things that i still need to do to be
100% compliant across the site but...) but for some reason when i hit the
page with a browser, the style sheet is never used...

anyone ever had this issue?

-drew

ps:  i'll post my experience with the os x beta install shortly...it is
nice, but if you reboot into 9 you are going to have a bit of a struggle
getting back to the beta...