[ale] Spam and ale (An unappetizing meal)

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 22 21:51:19 EDT 2000

Robbie has done a lot to cut down on spamming by configuring the
ale.org mailer daemon to use the open relay list (ORBS) to block mail
from open relays.  Most spammers rely on routing mail through
unsuspecting 3rd parties to relay their stuff, and by blocking the
open relays you can eliminate most spam attempts.

My personal opinion is that the amt. of Spam isn't high enough to
erect a barrier to befuddle people trying to post legitimate questions
to the list.  I guess that's because I get tons more of it at work
than at home.

-Eric.