[ale] ipchains firewall rules

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at dvsg.sciatl.com
Thu Sep 21 09:30:41 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I've been trying to find info on setting up a good firewall, and the
big sticking point is what is a good ruleset for ipchains.  I've looked
at the HOWTOs for ipchains, firewall, and ipmasq, but they do not quite
cover it in a manner that reaches me well enough to give me the warm
fuzzies about my home firewall.

Does anyone have a pointer to a good, clearly explained set of ipchains
rules for a home firewall, with/without internal DNS/mail servers?

Thanks.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |