[ale] ALS - A few thoughts

Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam vaidhy at loonys.net
Tue Sep 19 16:42:41 EDT 2000

Hi All,

Just read a few days ago from the list that ALS is now moving from city to
city and will be in Oakland, CA next year. It saddens me to think that the
showcase which was a part of Atlanta Linux scene will no longer be Atlanta's.

We all are seeing the increased participation from a lot more vendors when
Usenix is involved in it. However, that increased vendor participations do
come at a price...less participation from local Linux vendors and groups..

Maybe it is time we need to start a new convention for linux folks in
Southeast, every six months.. Sorta get-together for the local LUGs?
Where folks could demo their machines, ask questions, conduct forums etc..

Let me know what you think...

Regards,
Vaidhy