[ale] C question

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Tue Sep 19 16:51:26 EDT 2000

Hi,

	I have a question for the C guru's. This si my story. I can't use
perl. and I don't really have access to a shell, I need to write a C
program that can collect a little data and run the ifconfig
command. Pretty simple really thanks to C's built in
system() function. However this is my problem. I need to collect the IP
address, and the netmask. It's not really a number? Is it a character
array? Will that work when I pass a character array to the system
function?

	Any thoughts our suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Kenn