[ale] Group Rights

Carl Forsell cforsell at roman.net
Tue Sep 19 09:35:56 EDT 2000

Good morning all...

I have a group of users who all need to be able to FTP into common areas on
a SuSE 6.3 box.  I set up groups and gave the groups all rights to the
directories (recursive).  When the users try to ftp in, they can see their
home directories, but when they give the path for their web site
directories, they get a "cannot find the directory" message.

If I assign their home directory to the web site directory, the problem goes
away... however this has implications for their e-mail. Do I need to edit
the password file to add a reference to the group?