[ale] device name for SCSI DLT

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Mon Sep 18 12:29:15 EDT 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Danny Cox wrote:

> 	This is a stupid question, but you *do* have the SCSI Tape option
> either compiled in or a module, don't you?

Actually, I only thought I did.  That loud impact you just heard off in the
distance?  That was me smacking myself in the forehead.  Don't worry, it's
only a mild concussion.  I'll be fine.

I guess I'm just surprised it reported the thing at all at startup if I
didn't have the code to use it in the kernel.  But I suppose the detection
and reporting is done in the core scsi code, and doesn't do anything toward
actually using the device.

Ok.  I'm learning.  Thanks, all!

                      __   _                 "I hate to advocate drugs,
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,     alcohol, violence or
pynk at post.com        |  | ()|||||||||[:::)    insanity, but they've
                     \__.-._)         '''     always worked for me."
		                                 -- Hunter S. Thompson