[ale] device name for SCSI DLT

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Mon Sep 18 09:43:16 EDT 2000

Anyone know what the device name of a SCSI DLT drive will turn out to be?
The kernel sees mine at startup, but none of the standard devices (/dev/st0,
/dev/nst0) seem to exist.  Except /dev/sg0, which tells me "Permission
denied" when I try to use 'mt' on it.  I have no idea what's causing that.

                      __   _                 "I hate to advocate drugs,
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,     alcohol, violence or
pynk at post.com        |  | ()|||||||||[:::)    insanity, but they've
                     \__.-._)         '''     always worked for me."
		                                 -- Hunter S. Thompson