[ale] memory

Kyle Beckman flachebaq at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 13:49:49 EDT 2000

Ed,

I had this problem with a PC that I worked on that had Intel's i810 chipset.
  Everything that I read about using append in the lilo.conf file said to
take 1MB off of the total memory size.  I never tried using the actual
memory size.  Try using append="mem=127M" instead.  Also, you have to run
/sbin/lilo as root to get LILO to re-read the lilo.conf file.  You should
get a response like "added linux *" if everything is kosher.  Reboot (sorry,
no way around rebooting here) and then run cat /proc/meminfo to see if it
took.  It should show the correct memory now.

~~Kyle