[ale] lm_sensors & i2c

Jim Kinney jkinney at teller.physics.emory.edu
Sat Sep 16 17:07:37 EDT 2000

I can't help on the lm_sensors compile problem, but I can on the overall
cooling issue.

Add several more fans to the case. I added 3 to my tower in addition to
the power supply fan. I have 2 blowing out and 1 blowing in as far from
the other 2 as I could get it. This box has 2 P3 CPU's, 3 IDE and 2 Ultra
SCSI HD's. It generates HEAT!. But it gets it out with all the fans.

If you don't want to get the fans, take the covers off the chassis and
point a regular box fan (like a room-cooler fit-in-a-window style) at the
motherboard. It costs $15 at Home Depot and the little fans cost $7-8
apiece.

JimK