[ale] lm_sensors & i2c

Dave Brooks db at amorphous.org
Sat Sep 16 06:46:39 EDT 2000

Has anyone else gotten lm_sensors fully compiled/working?  I'm having a hell
of a time with it.  I've compiled and installed the latest i2c package (would
have installed the RPM, however they dont seem to provide a .src.rpm for an
SMP kernel).

The package seemed to install okay.  I have a directory
/usr/local/include/linux/ with all the i2c-*.h files located inside it (a
little sloppy, but hey, thats how it went).

Secondly, I go into my lm_sensors-2.5.2 source directory.  I do a 'make all'
as instructed, and it bombs out with:

[root at tuna lm_sensors-2.5.2]# make all
make: *** No rule to make target `linux/i2c-algo-bit.h', needed by `kernel/busses/i2c-via.d'.  Stop.

...I really can't figure out what's going on here.  I cehcked the Makefile,
it's referencing all the include directories just fine.  I even copied those
header files to other logical places, all having no effect.  As far as I can
tell, I'm set up just like I should be in the documentation.

This all spawned because I noticed my Abit BP6 board was running the CPU's
fairly warm... I was looking at the BIOS monitor, and the chips were at
about 56 degrees celcius.  I have a machine right next to it with the same
CPU (although only one, and an Asus mobo) that runs at about 22 degrees
celcius at idle.  The Abit board has a fan for each CPU and a fan on the
video card... granted it has two harddrives, which could cause a little
heat, but I cant see it causing 22 degrees celcius worth of heat.

DOes anyone have any suggestions on either the lm_sensors compilation or how
I can cool the thing down a tad?

-Dave

--
david anthony brooks