[ale] palm pilots and unattended PCs

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Sep 15 10:05:21 EDT 2000

    Wandered> hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:
    >> But if you use gnome-pim, if runs a daemon that monitors the
    >> serial port, so all you have to do is push the sync button on
    >> your pilot.  IMHO, that's the right way for a pilot manager to
    >> behave.  But there is this small security problem.

    Wandered> What do you want security or convenience. :)

    Wandered> Certainly the daemon could be made to look to see if the
    Wandered> terminal is locked.

        From `xscreensaver-command -help'

  -watch        Prints a line each time the screensaver changes state: when
                the screen blanks, locks, unblanks, or when the running hack
                is changed.  This option never returns; it is intended for
                by shell scripts that want to react to the screensaver in
                some way.

  See the man page for more details.
  For updates, check http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/

lemur:~ 431> xscreensaver-command -watch                               10:03:25
UNBLANK Fri Sep 15 09:33:13 2000
LOCK Fri Sep 15 10:03:35 2000
RUN 83
UNBLANK Fri Sep 15 10:03:39 2000

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=