[ale] overclocking celerons

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Tue Sep 12 13:45:04 EDT 2000

I have previously used Linux (Redhat 6.2) on a system consisting of a Celeron
266 running @ 400 Mhz for a period of about 1 year with no problems I have since
upgraded to a PIII 500 on the same system. I was and still am using a Soyo
SY-6BA+IV with 256 Meg of Ram, Adaptec 2940UW , 9.1 Gig Seagate Barracuda, 48x
IDE CD-ROM, HP 4X SCSI CD-Writer and 3Com 3C905 NIC. This set up performed
flawlessly with the Celeron. I did notice problems however whenever running
Win95/98 on the same system due to the AGP video card. Video performance while
playing games was hideous but I did not notice these problems while running
linux.