[ale] the no-such-file file

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Tue Sep 12 09:36:15 EDT 2000

JOOC:  How come every time I do a 'find' of any kind from the root level of
a filesystem I get a message like this in addition to the normal output:

find: /proc/7713/fd/4: No such file or directory

I'm sure this is just some funky /proc thing, but it's got me curious.  How
can a file exist enough for 'find' to find it, and yet not exist?

                      __   _                 "I hate to advocate drugs,
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,     alcohol, violence or
pynk at post.com        |  | ()|||||||||[:::)    insanity, but they've
                     \__.-._)         '''     always worked for me."
		                                 -- Hunter S. Thompson