[ale] USB question

Kyle Beckman flachebaq at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:51:59 EDT 2000

Several companies do make enclosures for CD-ROMs and HDD (all three sizes...
laptop, 3.5, and the larger SCSI drives).  The main one I know of off the
top of my head is Kanguru ( http://www.kanguru.com/ ).  They make enclosures
that you can insert your own drives and either use a cable (USB, Fire Wire,
PCMCIA, etc) or their own internal bays.  I've never actually used the
products, so I can't endorse them one way or another.

There are several other companies that do the same thing and there are also
quite a few companies that sell hard drives (and CD-ROM/R/RW) drives with
different external connectors that already have the drives installed.  I'm
sure you could go to just about any online retailer (Buy.com,
TigerDirect.com, etc.) and search under storage and/or USB and find exactly
what you're looking for.

~~Kyle