[ale] iQue / Book PC

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Mon Sep 11 16:41:51 EDT 2000

Did you get the sound to work?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernard Martin [mailto:vernard at cc.gatech.edu]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 6:10 PM
To: Chris Fowler
Cc: 'ale at ale.org'
Subject: Re: [ale] iQue / Book PC

> I just purchased an Book PC for my fiancé o run Winbloze on and would like
> one for myself.  Does anyone know if Linux runs on these units?  The
> distributors claim they do but with all that integrated hardware, every
> component must work.  There are no slots nor bays to upgrade into.

If you mean the "iCue" bookPCs then yes, you can run Linux on them. I believe I got it up
and running with a stock RedHat 6.1 install. The LAN adapter used the dmfe.o network
module and the video chipset is a Trident CyberBlade 3D that is supported in the SVGA
XFree86 3.3.6 distro. It does have a modem but it is a winmodem that is not supported
yet under linux if I recall correctly.

hope this helps

Vernard