[ale] pilot question

Bryan Rank bryan at compgen.com
Mon Sep 11 11:26:02 EDT 2000

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone using "pilot-xfer" as an interface to their
palm with Linux.  I smashed my PalmPilot Professional to bits yesterday
and now have a IIIxe.  I did a backup using...

pilot-xfer -b /home/bryan/PilotBackup/11SEP2000

...so now and have all the "stuff" on my linux box.  The master plan
is to now put the IIIxe on the hotsync cable and use the "-r" option on
pilot-xfer to spit everything to the new one.  Only thing that worries me
is that I have old palmOS update files and other "garbage" that I don't
want on the new boxet.  Common sense dictates that I go and "rm" the
prc's that I don't want, then do the sync; been bitten by common before
however and would much rather benefit from the knowledge of others here.

...Any comments or war stories would be appreciated.

Thanks (I will summarize),

Bryan