[ale] installed VMWare

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Sun Sep 10 18:26:21 EDT 2000

* Oops, forgot to CC this to ALE for benefit of others *

Thanks Kyle (and all for other comments), that was it! I was doing it
bass-ackwards! :-)

Tools did speed up the vid draws considerabley in the VM window, although
the colors are funky unless it is run in full screen. Might be the
particular
Voodoo3 combo TV tuner I'm using, oh well. In full screen mode on this
all-SCSI Athlon (128MB), it is ~almost~ as if WinNT4 was running native.
I am pleasantly surprised, actually!

Only 'gotcha' I got was I had to reset the floppy back to device instead of
file,
and then point it back to /dev/fd0. Dunno why it went astray!

Thanks again, I appreciate it!
Frank

The