[ale] Let's try this again. Stuck on HTML problem.

Strider Centaur strider at scifi-fantasy.com
Fri Sep 8 14:32:04 EDT 2000

    I don't think you can, SELECT is limited to the format defined in
netscape/IE, and I believe that is very limited on formatting.

    Try using Radio Button, Check Box or Anchor Tags combined with the FONT tag
instead of select.  For instance:

<A HREF="scriptname?value=0><FONT SIZE=+4>Zero</FONT></A>
One</FONT>

will generate basically the same result without using a form at all. Provided you
wanted only to submit this data.

Byron A Jeff wrote:

> I think I sent my first copy of this to an individual instead of the list.
>
> I'm stuck on an HTML problem. I'm trying to write a form/CGI system to help my
> kindergartener learn her math. Because of the lack of fine motor skills I'd
> like to blow up the menu entries on the form as large as possible. After a
> couple of hours of playing with CSS (and installing TrueType fonts and the
> xfstt server) I've gotten the surrounding text blown up, but I've made no
> progress in getting the actual menu items to change size. How can I take:
>
> <SELECT NAME=testmenu>
> <OPTION value=0> Zero
> <OPTION value=1> One
> </SELECT>
>
> and blow up the Zero/One to about a 100 point font?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> BAJ

Strider Centaur
HTTP://www.Scifi-Fantasy.com

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me