[ale] Pretty Netscape?

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Thu Sep 7 08:35:27 EDT 2000

Robert Hoffman writes:
 > Doug,
 >
 > I wrote up some instructions for this a while ago. Take a look here:
 >
 > http://www.frankenlinux.com/guides/fonts.html

I hadn't seen that one before, Rob.  I like the list of links at the
end.  My solutions came from one you missed, "Fighting Font
Frustration" http://people.redhat.com/~scoile/fonts/fixing.html and
one you reference "XFree86 Font Deuglification Mini-HOWTO" by Doug
Holland www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU.html.

The Font Deuglification Mini-HOWTO no longer seems available.  Does
anyone have a current reference?

The quickest fix I've found came from "Fighting Font Frsutration".  If
you have a problem with sights like CDW, and many others, in that the
fonts are too small to read, add this to your .Xdefaults (or
.Xresources) file:

Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement: 10

or even

Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement: 5

This will prevent netscape from making little tiny fonts when a
smaller than normal font is requested.

--Michael