[ale] Samba takes over once again

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Wed Sep 6 09:11:04 EDT 2000

	A couple of months ago someone sent me some info on how to keep your
Linux machine(running samba of course) from becoming the primary domain
controller(PDC) in an NT network.  I think the smb.conf file, by default,
will allow samba to become the PDC.  I think one of the config commands was
"os level" but I know there was more to it than just this command in the
smb.conf file.  If anyone has set up samba on Redhat 6.2 as to avoid the
scenario above, I would appreciate some help.  I don't want to upset another
network administrator!!!!

Michael A. Smith
Senior Software Developer